We bring to you five best stories of the Indian Express you must read before beginning your day.
1. UPA GOVT’S BACK-UP MEASURE: After the pepper spray episode over the introduction of the Telangana Bill, Finance Minister P Chidambaram may satisfy himself with just tabling the Budget papers in the House. After that, he may read the speech from the studio premises located in the Parliament complex, which will be telecast on Lok Sabha TV and picked up by other broadcasters. Subhomoy Bhattacharjee reports in If House disrupted today, Vote on Account speech may shift to Lok Sabha TV studio
2. TEHELKA RAPE CHARGE: Tehelka founder Tarun Tejpal, who has been accused of sexually assaulting a junior colleague, is likely to be chargesheeted for all offences that he has been booked for, including for rape under the new Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013, in a 2,900-page chargesheet set to be filed by the Goa Police on Monday. Smita Nair gives details in report Goa Police to chargesheet Tarun Tejpal for rape under new Criminal Law Act
3. MONEY TALKS: Even as there are several modes currently available for remitting and receiving money, the RBI has added an innovative model for monetary transaction for individuals across the country. Very soon, you can withdraw money from an ATM even if you do not have a bank account or a debit card, but make sure you are carrying your mobile phone. Sandeep Singh tells about Banking on the smartphone
4. CELEBRITY APPS: Adult entertainment star Sunny Leone is ruling India’s mobile screens with her official mobile app which is far more popular than the official app of the recently-retired cricket superstar Sachin Tendulkar. Saritha Rai’s report on Sunny or Sachin, mobile videos gain ground over TV viewing
5. OPINION: Understanding the nature and risks of the AAP’s decision to quit the Delhi government requires understanding this historical moment. Pratap Bhanu Mehta writes in It’s not just corruption that AAP doesn’t recognise how much absence of predictability and order also hurts the poor.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now