1. ‘Toll’ talk: Road toll fetches Rs 750 crore every year, government sources say. As of today, 169 toll stations are in operation in the state. With polls round the corner, the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance announced this month that it would make Maharashtra “toll-free” if elected to power.
2. Miraculous operation at AIIMS: Doctors at the AIIMS removed a ‘giant’ brain tumour which was responsible for secretion of growth hormones up to 16-18 times above the normal level.
3. Claiming credit: Days before Congress president Sonia Gandhi is scheduled to lay the foundation stone of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) centre in Kishanganj, the Bihar government on Monday targeted the Centre for not informing it about the event. Santosh Singh reports.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
4. Opinion: A clean and accountable government is not and cannot be an end in itself. Transparency and integrity cannot substitute for programme. These are great virtues in the conduct of government, but they say nothing about its purposes. What and who is governance for? Writes Niraja Gopal Jayal.
5. BCCI faces floor test: For now, three boards in particular, Cricket South Africa, Pakistan Cricket Board and Sri Lanka Cricket, have come out strongly against the ‘position paper’.