1. ‘Toll’ talk: Road toll fetches Rs 750 crore every year, government sources say. As of today, 169 toll stations are in operation in the state. With polls round the corner, the BJP-Shiv Sena alliance announced this month that it would make Maharashtra “toll-free” if elected to power.
2. Miraculous operation at AIIMS: Doctors at the AIIMS removed a ‘giant’ brain tumour which was responsible for secretion of growth hormones up to 16-18 times above the normal level.
3. Claiming credit: Days before Congress president Sonia Gandhi is scheduled to lay the foundation stone of the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) centre in Kishanganj, the Bihar government on Monday targeted the Centre for not informing it about the event. Santosh Singh reports.
4. Opinion: A clean and accountable government is not and cannot be an end in itself. Transparency and integrity cannot substitute for programme. These are great virtues in the conduct of government, but they say nothing about its purposes. What and who is governance for? Writes Niraja Gopal Jayal.
5. BCCI faces floor test: For now, three boards in particular, Cricket South Africa, Pakistan Cricket Board and Sri Lanka Cricket, have come out strongly against the ‘position paper’.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More