The weekend has arrived but we recommend you go through these five Express stories before starting your Saturday.
1. KEJRIWAL REACHES OUT: Acknowledging the role auto-rickshaw drivers played in his party’s victory in the Assembly elections, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Friday announced sops ranging from annual fare revision to easing of rules for GPS installation. Any auto driver, on his way home at night, can now refuse a commuter.
Kejriwal thanks auto drivers: Will revise fare every yr, sting cops who seek money, report by Pragya Kaushika
2. LINKING INDIA-PAK: International call roaming for travellers between India and Pakistan may soon get restored, with the Ministry of Home Affairs keen on giving security clearances to Pakistan’s telecom companies for signing contracts with Indian telecom service providers.
Rahul Tripathi tells us that MHA is keen to restart international roaming between India, Pakistan
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
3. MADE IN INDIA: In a small corner of the otherwise technology-dominated defence show Defexpo 2014, Delhi-headquartered Kent Industries Ltd has showcased how it brings together cloth from China and handcrafted metallic badges, embroidery, lanyards and ranks handwoven in Delhi to create uniforms and Peak Caps that have been adoring the ceremonial attire of African generals.
Special report by Pranav Kulkarni: Stitched in Delhi, worn in South Sudan
4. NATIONAL INTEREST: Kejriwal underlines, in all sincerity, that it is a bad custom to ask woman to become a courtesan. Nevertheless, he says, the larger message of this ‘story’ is what matters. That ancient India had real democracy and the gram sabha was the institution of governance.
Arvind Chitra Katha by Shekhar Gupta
5. ICC REVAMP: The BCCI, along with the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) and Cricket Australia (CA), forms the ‘big three’ of world cricket and they’re still confident that the structural overhaul of the ICC can be agreed upon amicably.
Hanging by a vote, an inside report by Shamik Chakrabarty