1. SUNANDA’S AUTOPSY: The autopsy, sources said, have found over a dozen injury marks in the upper extremity of her upper body — on one arm, hand, chin, and neck regions — and interpreted them as “scuffle marks”. Pritha Chatterjee and Shalini Narayan report in Sunanda’s death caused by ‘poisoning’, suicide not ruled out: Autopsy report
2. CAPITAL CHAOS: The Delhi secretariat moved to outside Rail Bhawan, the call for the suspension of the policemen metamorphosed into a demand for control over Delhi Police, and then, even full statehood. Delhi government goes missing
3. MODI’S POLITICS: Finance Minister P Chidambaram discusses growth targets, Congress attitudes to media and AAP, and Narendra Modi’s politics in his interview to P Vaidyanathan Iyer. Read More in ‘Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitude’
4. INDIA AT THE TOP: For the second time in a row, India is likely to emerge as biggest rice exporter globally. As per the commerce ministry data (April-November, 2013), India has exported close to 7 million tonnes (MT) of rice and expected to ship more than 10.5 MT by end of current fiscal. Sandip Das reports India set to retain top rice exporter tag
5. Suhas Palshikar writes in Rebuilding the rainbow the Congress needs to build coalitions, not across parties, but across social sections. As one tries to make sense of the speech and its possible implications, one inevitably stumbles upon a few challenges that should stare Congresspersons in the eye in terms of what lies ahead for the party in the coming months.
Do you like this story