Here are the top stories of The Indian Express you must read before you begin your day.
1. Stand vigil in slush-filled shoes, leaky jackets. Imagine a soldier on the LoC, and more likely than not television images of the Siachen glacier will kick in.
2. A day after Japan announced a 3.5 trillion yen (Rs 2.1 lakh crore) investment in India, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday tried to hardsell India as a manufacturing destination, assuring that there would be no red tape, only the red carpet.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
3. More than three years after the Supreme Court order, the Income Tax department may finally have to make public all information on Indian account holders of the LGT bank of Liechtenstein, but with disclosures limited to those against whom it has launched prosecution.
4. This has been a long first 100 days. The government’s sweeping electoral success brought with it high expectations of big changes in the direction of economic policies and reforms.
Read more: Still waiting
5. The potential series decider between England and India was starting in 20 minutes and they didn’t want to miss out on a single delivery, even though it was evident that India were to bat second after MS Dhoni won the toss.
Read more: India tour of England: Worth the wait in gold