We bring to you five best stories of the Indian Express you must read before beginning your day
1. IPL BETTING: The fate of Chennai Super Kings and Rajasthan Royals appeared to hang in the balance on Monday after the Supreme Court-appointed panel clarified that BCCI-IPL may immediately terminate an agreement with a franchisee or owner if their acts hurt the reputation of the T20 league and the game of cricket. Read more in Cloud over Royals, Chennai Super Kings
2. 2014 ELECTION WARMUP: In the last stretch before the elections, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi seems to have suddenly shifted gears. There is an effort to communicate, be more visible, and an energetic ad blitz centred around just Rahul — no Sonia Gandhi, no Priyanka Gandhi and no Manmohan Singh. Manoj C G , Anil Sasi tell about The Rahul rejig
3. PENDING PROMOTION: Regarded as one of India’s greatest hockey players ever, Mohammed Shahid mesmerised an entire generation with his dribbling skills. He was part of the team that won the gold at the 1980 Moscow Olympics, went on to captain the team and received the Arjuna Award and the Padma Shri. But all that glory has failed to earn him a promotion in the Railways for the last 18 years. Avishek G Dastidar reports in For 18 years, hockey legend waits for Rlys to grant him promotion
4. JAN LOKPAL: Responding to Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal’s angry attack that questioned his loyalty to the constitution, Delhi Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung has defended himself strongly and said he was strictly going by the book on the controversial Jan Lokpal Bill proposed by the city government. Read more in L-G lays down the law, Kejriwal does not step back
5. OPINION: Why the most superficial anchor in English TV should have been chosen for Rahul Gandhi’s maiden interview is really for his media managers to explain. Mani Shankar Aiyar writes how Rahul Gandhi’s vision of devolving power, empowering panchayats, is lost in the din. WHAT RAHUL WANTS
Sources said Ashish Khetan will be the vice-chairman of the commission.