1. DISTURBING RULING: The recent gangrape of a 20-year-old woman in a village in Birbhum district of West Bengal on the orders of a tribal court for falling in love with a man outside her community may have shocked the country. But for the people in this region, such rulings by the tribal courts, which have a strong presence here and are mostly seen as a means to speedy justice, are a way of life. Arshad Ali provides detailed report in Tribal court punishments: Licking spit to rubbing nose on ground
2. RAHUL’S GIFT FOR SIS PRIYANKA: Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi had bought the six-acre land on March 3, 2008, in Hassanpur village of Haryana’s Palwal district for Rs 26.47 lakh. The same day, Vadra had bought agricultural land in Hassanpur, paying Rs 36.90 lakh for nearly nine acres. The Indian Express has learnt through an RTI application that in 2012, Rahul gifted this land to Priyanka. Shyamlal Yadav , Chitleen K Sethi report Rahul gifts his land near Vadra’s in Haryana village to sister Priyanka
3. DEALING WITH CORRUPTION: Amid the controversies he is caught in, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has vowed to reopen corruption cases from the 2010 Commonwealth Games held during the Congress regime. Rahul Tripathi looks at the cases and their status in The CWG dossier on Arvind’s plate
4. FLUSHING OUT MONEY: The Reserve Bank of India’s announcement to withdraw currency notes issued before 2005 is going to be a major exercise for the banking sector. But RBI’s move is not an attempt to demonetise but to rationalise notes with better security features. Here’s why…Rollback of pre-2005 currency notes can flush out unaccounted money
5. FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS ONLY: In this OPINION piece, Jyoti Parikh and Kirit Parikh explain how AAP’s power tariff cut, like the free water quota, will benefit those who do not need it.