Here are five exclusive stories from The Indian Express that you must go through before you begin your day
The PM Period
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Schools are resorting to desperate measures — from threatening “strict action” for non-attendance to warning students that they will be evaluated on PM’s Teacher’s Day speech.
Read more here: Narendra Modi to address students across the country
Not just well known politicians and representatives of corporate houses under probe by CBI, owners of several lesser known entities too had easy and frequent access to agency director Ranjit Sinha’s residence, a scrutiny of visitors logbooks shows.
Read more here: Shiv Babu 175 times, Mithilesh 225: CBI chief’s odd guest list
Saradha chit-fund Scam
With names of several top TMC leaders cropping up in the nearly Rs 2,460-crore Saradha chit fund scam, West Bengal Governor Kesari Nath Tripathi said he can take any action only if something is placed before him in writing.
Read more here: ‘Can act if I get something in writing’
Special to the Express:
BI move to investigate the disinvestment of Udaipur’s Laxmi Vilas hotel on the basis of an anonymous oral complaint, 12 years after the decision, holds a lesson for those who are trying to get the bureaucracy going.
Read the column by Arun Shourie: Is this the way to energise civil servants?
INDIA TOUR OF ENGLAND
Indian batsman Ajinkya Rahane joined the bandwagon of Indian players, who have attributed Team Director Ravi Shastri for bringing about a turnaround in team’s fortunes with his technical inputs in the ongoing ODI series after their dismal show in the Test matches.
Read full report here: I knew deep inside that a big innings was around the corner: Ajinkya Rahane