Here are five exclusive stories from The Indian Express that you must go through before you begin your day
The PM Period
Schools are resorting to desperate measures — from threatening “strict action” for non-attendance to warning students that they will be evaluated on PM’s Teacher’s Day speech.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Read more here: Narendra Modi to address students across the country
Not just well known politicians and representatives of corporate houses under probe by CBI, owners of several lesser known entities too had easy and frequent access to agency director Ranjit Sinha’s residence, a scrutiny of visitors logbooks shows.
Read more here: Shiv Babu 175 times, Mithilesh 225: CBI chief’s odd guest list
Saradha chit-fund Scam
With names of several top TMC leaders cropping up in the nearly Rs 2,460-crore Saradha chit fund scam, West Bengal Governor Kesari Nath Tripathi said he can take any action only if something is placed before him in writing.
Read more here: ‘Can act if I get something in writing’
Special to the Express:
BI move to investigate the disinvestment of Udaipur’s Laxmi Vilas hotel on the basis of an anonymous oral complaint, 12 years after the decision, holds a lesson for those who are trying to get the bureaucracy going.
Read the column by Arun Shourie: Is this the way to energise civil servants?
INDIA TOUR OF ENGLAND
Indian batsman Ajinkya Rahane joined the bandwagon of Indian players, who have attributed Team Director Ravi Shastri for bringing about a turnaround in team’s fortunes with his technical inputs in the ongoing ODI series after their dismal show in the Test matches.
Read full report here: I knew deep inside that a big innings was around the corner: Ajinkya Rahane