Here are the top stories of The Indian Express you must read before you begin your day.
1. The Indian Express travels to the frontline in Macchel, scene of the biggest counter-infiltration operation in five years.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
2. In what would have been music to the ears of the Japanese government, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday said the “expansionist” ideas of the 18th century are still visible in the world — some countries “encroach” on others, some “enter the seas”, and some “capture other’s territory”.
3.Fifteen years after he was involved in a murder attempt on senior CPM leader P Jayarajan, and on a day when BJP president Amit Shah and RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat were in Kerala, an RSS district functionary was hacked to death in Kannur on Monday.
4. After an intense discussion with Ravi Shastri on the alignment of his front shoulder while batting, Shikhar Dhawan wanted to face a few throwdowns to implement the suggestions. But that part of the nets was about to be occupied by the newly arrived back-up opener, Murali Vijay.
5. It was on a tidal wave of goodwill that the newly formed Janata Party came to power after defeating Indira Gandhi humiliatingly in the post-Emergency polls in 1977.
Read more: The Janata’s collapse