We bring you the five best stories of the Indian Express you must read before beginning your day.
1. The war room: The divergence between two generations of Congressmen has been building over the past few months and came to the fore again on Friday when the Cabinet deferred Rahul’s much-hyped anti-corruption ordinances. War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade, reports D K Singh
2. National Interest: For five years now, UPA 2 has been pilloried for ruining India’s economy, and deservedly so. But what has remained relatively out of sight is the damage it has done by weakening both external and internal security systems. Committee on Insecurity, Opinion by Shekhar Gupta
3. Asia Cup 2014: India’s young batsman would benefit a lot if they learn a few things from the Sri Lankan. Most of them lacked application. The pitch didn’t offer sharp turn but still eight Indian wickets went down to Sri Lanka’s spinners. Asia Cup 2014: That man Kumara Sangakkara again
4. The international celebrity: He has been celebrated in the international media — who took their cue from some imaginative reporting in India — for solving the “blind” murder of his mistress in Agra earlier this week. Turns out unfortunately, that the facts of the case are a lot more mundane. Sorry to kill a great story, there’s no Hercule Parrot, special report by Pritha Chatterjee
5. Fighting for Telangana: The TRS was formed in 2001. I have been fighting for Telangana since 1998. All these years, I had sacrificed a lot, did not accept anything which came my way in life singularly focused on Telangana. ‘They (TRS) had suspended me… may be because of insecurity’, Vijayashanthi tells Manoj C G
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now