1. NO TO PADMA: In what could cause considerable embarrassment to the government, the family of eminent jurist and former chief justice of India, late Justice J S Verma, has decided not to accept the Padma Bhushan awarded to him posthumously on the eve of Republic Day this year.
Seema Chishti reports on why J S Verma’s family refuses Padma Bhushan
2. ANTHRAX THEORY REJECTED: A party allegedly organised by a group of local BJP leaders at Bilaspur zoo on the night of January 14 could have been the reason for the death of 21 female cheetals or spotted deer in their zoo enclosure, locals have alleged.
BJP men ‘partied’ at zoo the night before 21 cheetals were found dead, report by Ashutosh Bhardwaj
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
3. INTERNAL ENCROACHMENT: According to the Assam government, 15,069.65 hectares of land around Behali, covering as many as 30 reserve forests along the border, have been encroached upon by Arunachal Pradesh.
‘Arunachal snatching our land, govt has failed to protect us’, Assam tells Samudra Gupta Kashyap
4. COMPROMISE FORMULAE: Facing the ire of the leadership for allegedly instigating supporters to indulge in anti-party activities, suspended DMK leader M K Alagiri demanded Thursday revocation of suspension of his 10 aides for a compromise.
Alagiri sets condition for compromise, report by Gopu Mohan
5. IGNORING PEOPLE VOICE: Raising the Maoist bogey helps the Chhattisgarh government to deflect attention from its deliberate refusal to act on the Supreme Court’s order. The state government is unable to accept the right to protest and unwilling to hear the people’s voice.
Opinion by Nandini Sundar: Everywhere, a Maoist plot