1. CHANGING TIMES: During the post-Godhra riots in Gujarat, Naroda Patiya saw the worst massacre, with 97 Muslims being killed on February 28, 2002. Twelve years later, a tea shop near the area is among the 80 on the Naroda-Chiloda road in north Ahmedabad that are being “rebranded” as “NaMo Tea Stalls”.
Next to worst 2002 massacre site comes a NaMo tea stall, special report by Tanvir A Siddiqui
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
2. BOLLYWOOD MANIA: Three students of a reputed Patna school, influenced by a movie left home apparently to catch underworld don Dawood Ibrahim. They got the idea after watching Bollywood film D-Day, police said.
In a strange case, Three Patna students leave home ‘to catch Dawood’
3. AAP IN TROUBLE: With the Congress refusing to support the Delhi government’s controversial Jan Lokpal Bill, the stage is set for a major showdown with the ruling Aam Aadmi Party it has propped up, threatening the survival of the five-week-old minority dispensation in the national capital.
Jan Lokpal Bill divides AAP and Congress, threatens Delhi government: Report by Apurva
4. GENDER AUDIT: The first-ever gender audit of NCERT textbooks reveals that though they are largely gender inclusive and attempt to highlight gender concerns, “there are elements of stereotypes in some textbooks”.
NCERT looks into textbooks to weed out gender bias, by Anubhuti Vishnoi
5. PAKISTAN AND TALIBAN: Unlike in Egypt, Pakistan has a ‘political middle’ that can mediate between Islamists and liberals, and that is represented by Sharif’s PML-N. Nawaz Sharif’s team has a judicious mix of voices.
At the table, with Taliban, Opinion by Khaled Ahmed