The weekend has arrived. We recommend that you go through these Express stories before you begin your day:
1. RAHUL ATTACKS:
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, who led the opposition charge in Parliament on August 6 amid the demand by MPs for a discussion over facts brought out by The Indian Express investigation, has said that the communal incidents were part of a deliberate strategy to “divide the poor”.
UP communal conflict engineered, says Rahul Gandhi
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
2. PEACE AWAY FROM HOME:
As US aircraft started pounding bases of Sunni jihadist outfit ISIS in Iraq on Friday, a 13-year-old Iraqi boy was recovering in a hospital bed in faraway Gurgaon — back from the jaws of death in his home country.
A child’s Iraq war wounds treated in Gurgaon ICU, special report by Pritha Chatterjee
3. IDEA EXCHANGE:
Former external affairs minister Natwar Singh, who has kicked up a storm with his claims about Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi in his just released book One Life is Not Enough, has said that the Congress president had told him that her daughter Priyanka Vadra would write a book on her.
Sonia told me Priyanka would write her biography, says Natwar Singh
4. LOUDSPEAKER VS LOUDSPEAKER: The Supreme Court verdict should be translated into parliamentary legislation that emphatically imposes a blanket ban on the use of loudspeakers in all places of worship and in all public places, whether for religious purposes or otherwise.
Opinion by Tahir Mahmood – The loudspeaker provocation
5. EXPRESS IN ENGLAND:
Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Varun Aaron and weather prevent England from running away with the game on Day Two. In the first session of play, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Varun Aaron came up with a couple of magical balls that showcased not just their varying skills but also their contrasting mindsets and divergent cricketing grooming
Against the run of play, reports Sandeep Dwivedi
FULL COVERAGE: INDIA TOUR OF ENGLAND