The weekend has arrived. We recommend that you go through these Express stories before you begin your day:
1. RAHUL ATTACKS:
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, who led the opposition charge in Parliament on August 6 amid the demand by MPs for a discussion over facts brought out by The Indian Express investigation, has said that the communal incidents were part of a deliberate strategy to “divide the poor”.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
UP communal conflict engineered, says Rahul Gandhi
2. PEACE AWAY FROM HOME:
As US aircraft started pounding bases of Sunni jihadist outfit ISIS in Iraq on Friday, a 13-year-old Iraqi boy was recovering in a hospital bed in faraway Gurgaon — back from the jaws of death in his home country.
A child’s Iraq war wounds treated in Gurgaon ICU, special report by Pritha Chatterjee
3. IDEA EXCHANGE:
Former external affairs minister Natwar Singh, who has kicked up a storm with his claims about Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi in his just released book One Life is Not Enough, has said that the Congress president had told him that her daughter Priyanka Vadra would write a book on her.
Sonia told me Priyanka would write her biography, says Natwar Singh
4. LOUDSPEAKER VS LOUDSPEAKER: The Supreme Court verdict should be translated into parliamentary legislation that emphatically imposes a blanket ban on the use of loudspeakers in all places of worship and in all public places, whether for religious purposes or otherwise.
Opinion by Tahir Mahmood – The loudspeaker provocation
5. EXPRESS IN ENGLAND:
Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Varun Aaron and weather prevent England from running away with the game on Day Two. In the first session of play, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Varun Aaron came up with a couple of magical balls that showcased not just their varying skills but also their contrasting mindsets and divergent cricketing grooming
Against the run of play, reports Sandeep Dwivedi
FULL COVERAGE: INDIA TOUR OF ENGLAND