We bring you the five special stories of the Indian Express you must read before beginning your day.
1. MYSTERY SHROUDS SUNANDA’S DEATH: Sources privy to Sunanda’s autopsy report said traces of two medicines, Alprazolam and Excedrin, have been found in her body. While Alprazolam is an anti-depressant, Excedrin is a painkiller — a combination of acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine. Sunanda may have died of ‘hidden poisoning’
2. MURDER WITH NO CLUES: A Techie from Hyderabad found dead, her body mutilated, at a spot out of her way to her Mumbai hostel. A week later, police are still unsure how she was taken there, and by whom. Gautam Sandip Mingle reports. A murder without clues, the victim where she shouldn’t have been
3. BIG CAT’S GRAND ENTRY: T6, a tigress from the Pench National Park, was released in the Panna Tiger Reserve, marking the beginning of phase 2 of the reintroduction of tigers into Panna, which had lost all its big cats in 2009. From MP to Panna: Alone, she enters a new home by Milind Ghatwai
4. 100,000 NZ DOLLAR CATCH: New Zealand pinch-hitter Corey Anderson left a 22-year-old Indian origin New Zealander richer beyond his dreams. Anderson’s fourth six, which came off Ishant Sharma, nestled in Jatinder Singh’s right hand on the embankment beyond the long-on fence, winning him 100,000 NZ dollars (about Rs 52 lakh) through a promotional scheme which required them to catch with one hand any hit sailing past the fence. Daksh Panwar tells about The only Indian winner in NZ is in the stands, Rs 52 lakh richer
5. OPINION: Though the AAP wants Delhi Police to be brought under the Delhi government, it has failed to explain how the government will oversee the police. Going by the direct orders that AAP ministers gave the police last week, the AAP government has failed to shed the attitude that the police should be subject to the will of the political executive, writes Anirudha Nagar in AAP ki Police?
North India Freezes, People Shiver As Cold Wave Continues
Muslims Should Gracefully Hand Over Babri Site – Swamy (special Interview) (part -3)
Muslims Should Gracefully Hand Over Babri Site – Swamy (special Interview) (part -2)
Muslims Should Gracefully Hand Over Babri Site – Swamy (special Interview) (part -1)