The weekend has arrived, but we suggest that you go through these five exclusive stories from The Indian Express before starting your Saturday.
1. TARGET GRAFT: Aiming to give the Lokayukta more teeth, the AAP’s draft of the Jan Lokpal Bill will seek to give a maximum punishment of life imprisonment to those found guilty of corruption. The draft has been sent to Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, who will also be accountable under the new Lokayukta.
AAP draft of Lokpal Bill proposes life term for corruption, reports Pragya Kaushika
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
2. DENIAL OF JUSTICE? There was outrage in the Kashmir Valley on Friday after the Army announced the closure of the Pathribal case in which five Rashtriya Rifles officers were accused of killing five civilians in a fake encounter in March 2000.
Bashaarat Masood on Rage in Valley: Army clears itself in Pathribal killings
3. EROSION OF CLOUT: Backing rebels to bad-mouthing potential allies, there is nothing new in the charges raised against M K Alagiri that led to his suspension Friday. What, however, has changed this time is the steady erosion of his clout in south Tamil Nadu over past couple of years ever since the DMK lost power in the state and withdrew from the Centre.
Gopu Mohan reveals that Post-2011, Alagiri left the field open for Stalin
4. ANGER AFTER RETURN: On his return to his family in Jogeshwari last week after six years in Spanish prisons, Roshan Jamal Khan, 56, remains optimistic as he tries to pick up the pieces of his life in Mumbai. He continues to harbour ambitions of running a flourishing olive oil business —an endeavour that took him to Spain in the first place, he says.
Roshan Jamal Khan tells Sagnik Chowdhury that ‘Not a single Indian official ever showed up for my trial’
5. AAP POLITICS: In ultra-fast hurry mode, the world has learnt a lot about the Aam Aadmi Party in the last few months. The party has opined on subjects well beyond its area of responsibility and expertise, for example, foreign policy, and well within it, for instance, policies on water, electricity, law and order, and how to run a government (from the street or from the office).
Opinion by Surjit S Bhalla on The world according to AAP