1. STRAINED TIES: Even as Rahul is in the process of holding primaries on 17 Lok Sabha seats as the first step towards giving party workers a say in the selection of candidates, the party has ruffled the feathers of the NCP by demanding a seat from the ally’s quota to enable his close aide and Indian Youth Congress president Rajeev Satav to contest from the constituency of his choice.
Seat hunt for Rahul aide ‘strained’ Cong-NCP ties, sources tell D K Singh
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
2. PROTEST INVITATION CARD: Days after the Supreme Court pulled up the Delhi Police for allowing Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and his Cabinet colleagues to hold a dharna near Rail Bhawan, despite prohibitory orders being in place, police on Thursday issued advertisements welcoming all ‘protesters’ to Jantar Mantar and Ramlila Maidan.
3. ARMED AND DANGEROUS: Governments across the country have issued 19.80 lakh private gun licences in 324 districts, or in just under half the country’s 671 districts. States that have suffered terrorism and those with poor social indicators top the list
Nearly 20 lakh private arms licensed in half the country, special report by Shyamlal Yadav
4. TERROR RESURFACES: Hizbul Mujahideen leader Mast Gul, who led the militant siege of the Charar-e-Sharief shrine in 1995, was behind the suicide attack on Shias in Peshawar that killed nine people this week, a Pakistani Taliban commander has said.
Charar-e-Sharief militant Mast Gul resurfaces with Pakistani Taliban, report by Snehesh Alex Philip
5. TOUGH TASK FOR MODI: It is doubtful he will be able to resist the Sangh if he wins – something that even Atal Bihari Vajpayee found difficult. The question is if he will be able to control the Sangh Parivar fringe.
Opinion by Sudha Pai: Because Modi doesn’t travel light