Busy enjoying your weekend? Take a look at five Indian Express stories you must read before starting your Sunday.
CENTRAL RULE: Ignoring the Aam Aadmi Party government’s demand for fresh polls in Delhi, the Union Cabinet Saturday approved the imposition of President’s rule as recommended by Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung and kept the capital’s legislative Assembly in suspended animation.
NO POLLS FOR SHEILA: Former Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit said on Saturday that she would not contest any more elections. Speaking to The Sunday Express, she said she would not be a candidate if Delhi goes to polls again, and also ruled out contesting the coming Lok Sabha elections.
RAJE ON WHEELS: A CM, her 11 ministers, their 19 secretaries, on the move for 11 days, through one of the state’s most backward districts, ahead of Lok Sabha elections. Out of the total 944 gram panchayats under the division, till late February 14 evening, 343 had been covered by the 11 ministers, with each of them hearing approximately 2,000 cases at the public hearings.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
AT HEART HYDERABAD: The ugly scenes in Parliament last week involving MPs of Andhra Pradesh over the Telangana Bill boil down to the issue of Hyderabad. It was one of the most dramatic days even the most disruptive Parliament session in India’s history had seen. Sreenivas Janyala explains why.
KEJRIWAL vs MODI: Arvind Kejriwal, who resigned as Delhi’s Chief Minister Friday, may contest the Lok Sabha elections against the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi if Modi chooses a constituency outside Gujarat to enter Parliament, sources in his Aam Aadmi Party said.