We bring to you the five best stories of the Indian Express you must read before beginning your day.
1. Congress allies on the offensive: Trying to bring along what it calls like-minded secular parties to take on Narendra Modi, the ruling Congress finds itself faced with allies that are for once assertive after having seemed, until recently, reconciled to the Congress’s big-brotherly attitude.
2. The man behind ‘The Hindu’ ban: Dina Nath Batra has not been on a mission to get one book banned. A key petitioner in the case that led to publisher Penguin deciding to withdraw all copies of Wendy Doniger’s book The Hindus: An Alternative History, Batra is now in the middle of reading On Hinduism by the same author. It is next on his hit-list.
3. Kejriwal’s Janlokpal caught in legal tangle: The Union law and justice ministry told Delhi Lieutenant-Governor Najeeb Jung that the controversial Delhi Janlokpal Bill, 2014 is a financial Bill and and it is “mandatory” for the government to get his approval before it is introduced in the Assembly.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
4. Modi’s chai pe charcha: It was Narendra Modi in charcha, largely solitary. A glass of tea in his hand and seated on the road outside Iskcon Ganthia in Ahmedabad Wednesday, Modi turned chai pe charcha into a mostly one-way event.
5. Opinion – Kejriwal TV: It’s a question we ought to ask ourselves: how long will Kejriwal be the main feature while Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi, forget all the other politicians in the country, act as fillers?