1. EX-AIR CHIEF IN DOCK: A former top official of tainted helicopter firm AgustaWestland has told an Italian court that Air Chief Marshal S P Tyagi was hosted in Milan by the top management of the company in 2007 when he was the chief of the Indian Air Force.
Chopper deal: AgustaWestland ex-official claims firm hosted S P Tyagi in Milan in ’07, report by Manu Pubby
2. DOUBTING CLAIMS: Girish Chandra ‘Gary’ Saxena, the former IPS officer who headed the RAW at the time of Operation Bluestar in 1984, has said that there is “little credibility” in the speculation that the Prime Ministers of India and the UK were in direct contact to discuss the imminent operation at the Golden Temple.
Doubt if Indira, Thatcher discussed Op Bluestar, then RAW chief tells Ritu Sarin
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
3. BHAGWAT BEHIND ATTACKS: Swami Aseemanand, accused in the blasts in the Samjhauta Express (February 2007), Hyderabad Mecca Masjid (May 2007) and Ajmer Dargah (October 2007), has claimed that RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat had “sanctioned” the attacks.
4. SEEKING PREZ INTERVENTION: As the Congress made it clear that the Bill to create Telangana would be brought in Parliament next week, its ministers from Seemandhra Wednesday made a last-minute attempt to delay the division by asking the Group of Ministers to give Hyderabad the Union Territory status.
Kiran Reddy, Jagan knock on Pranab door against division, reports Manoj C G
5. ANGER OVER NIDO DEATH: The self-proclaimed image of a tolerant society has often sidelined questions about racism in India. Nido’s death reminds us of the transitions the Indian project still needs to make.
India after Nido, Opinion by Pratap Bhanu Mehta