1. UPSET WITH AAP: Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung is learnt to have expressed deep concern over the functioning of the Arvind Kejriwal government while speaking at the President’s annual governors’ meet, going to the extent of saying that its members had “little consideration” for rules and regulations.
At governors’ meet, L-G slams govt: Minister misbehaves; party storms schools, hospitals, report by Pranab Dhal Samanta
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
2. AAP TO FIGHT BACK: The AAP government in Delhi may have turned from ashes to dust. But perhaps an AAP phoenix was rising from the rubble, with an unchained Arvind Kejriwal at its helm.
Dipankar Ghose reports: Kejriwal’s resignation: Supporters hope party will be reborn in Lok Sabha
3. FUNDS BLOCKED: The home ministry has blocked funding of 300,000 pounds (Rs 3.09 crore) for Amnesty International India as the source of a third of that amount is a trust registered in the tax haven of Gibraltar, founded by a man of Indian origin who pleaded guilty to gambling fraud in the US.
Appu Esthose Suresh on MHA suspects source, blocks funding to Amnesty India unit
4. AKHILESH PULLED UP: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and the ruling SP was in for some embarrassment on Friday as the Supreme Court questioned their decision to bestow on around 100 leaders the status of Cabinet Minister, Minister of State and Deputy Minister.
SC pulls up SP govt for giving Cabinet, MoS status to leaders, report by Utkarsh Anand
5. PEPPER SPRAY: The most fascinating aspect of the pepper-spray episode is how quick all of us have been to jump at the throat of the political class. Nobody had figured that the man credited with the worst conduct ever in the history of our Parliament was not your usual politician but a fabled and much-favoured star of corporate India.
National Interest: India Stinc by Shekhar Gupta