1. UPSET WITH AAP: Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung is learnt to have expressed deep concern over the functioning of the Arvind Kejriwal government while speaking at the President’s annual governors’ meet, going to the extent of saying that its members had “little consideration” for rules and regulations.
At governors’ meet, L-G slams govt: Minister misbehaves; party storms schools, hospitals, report by Pranab Dhal Samanta
2. AAP TO FIGHT BACK: The AAP government in Delhi may have turned from ashes to dust. But perhaps an AAP phoenix was rising from the rubble, with an unchained Arvind Kejriwal at its helm.
Dipankar Ghose reports: Kejriwal’s resignation: Supporters hope party will be reborn in Lok Sabha
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
3. FUNDS BLOCKED: The home ministry has blocked funding of 300,000 pounds (Rs 3.09 crore) for Amnesty International India as the source of a third of that amount is a trust registered in the tax haven of Gibraltar, founded by a man of Indian origin who pleaded guilty to gambling fraud in the US.
Appu Esthose Suresh on MHA suspects source, blocks funding to Amnesty India unit
4. AKHILESH PULLED UP: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and the ruling SP was in for some embarrassment on Friday as the Supreme Court questioned their decision to bestow on around 100 leaders the status of Cabinet Minister, Minister of State and Deputy Minister.
SC pulls up SP govt for giving Cabinet, MoS status to leaders, report by Utkarsh Anand
5. PEPPER SPRAY: The most fascinating aspect of the pepper-spray episode is how quick all of us have been to jump at the throat of the political class. Nobody had figured that the man credited with the worst conduct ever in the history of our Parliament was not your usual politician but a fabled and much-favoured star of corporate India.
National Interest: India Stinc by Shekhar Gupta