Here are five exclusive stories from The Indian Express that you must go through before you begin your day:
1. LOGBOOK ENTRIES:
A scrutiny of 310 pages of visitors’ logbooks at the New Delhi residence of CBI director Ranjit Sinha shows that on several days in 2013 and 2014, Sinha met with a number of people named in cases that were being investigated — or which had been investigated — by the agency.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Ex-Cabinet minister to coal scam accused, CM to 2G ‘beneficiary’: CBI chief’s guests, an exclusive by Ritu Sarin
2. FAR AWAY FROM HOME:
Three years ago, when he came to India to study pharmacy, Hussein (name changed) was just another Iraqi student pursuing his dream of a better future. Today, that dream is perhaps the last thing on his mind. One of the two Yazidis left in India, he fears for the safety of his family back home — as well as his own.
Special report by Abantika Ghosh: Yazidi student in Delhi prays for family’s safety
3. RESENTMENT BREWING:
The resentment brewing in a section of the young leaders of the Congress considered loyal to party vice-president Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday came out in the open with many of them publicly asking the “seniors” not to cross the “Lakshman Rekha” of discipline.
Manoj C G reports: Congress young turks tell seniors not to cross ‘Lakshman Rekha’
4. NATIONAL SECURITY:
The Narendra Modi government is under a 100-day review. The manner in which defence and related military challenges have been addressed is instructive of the complex issues ahead. However, national security management needs a comprehensive review.
Missing a defence minister, Opinion by C Uday Bhaskar
5. INDIA IN ENGLAND:
The 3-0 series win proves that when it comes to leading the ODI side, the Indian captain is on a different plane.
Doctor MS, Mister Dhoni by Daksh Panwar