We bring you the five special stories of the Indian Express you must read before beginning your day.
1. Modi vs Mulayam in UP: It was rally versus rally in Uttar Pradesh as BJP’s Prime ministerial candidate launched an all-out attack against the Samajwadi Party. Modi taunted Mulayam Singh and Akhilesh that they can’t make UP as prosperous as Gujarat. The SP chief reminded Modi of the 2002 communal riots.
2. Indian Mujahideen explosive trail: An analysis of transcripts of the alleged Internet chats of Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yasin Bhatkal with his fugitive controller Riyaz Bhatkal is believed to have found the terror group has sourced explosives for its bombs from at least three places in the country.
3. A father rues police apathy: A severely disillusioned S J S Prasad, father of 23-year-old Esther Anuhya, whose burnt body was found off the Eastern Express Highway on the outskirts of Mumbai, said on Thursday that he did not expect police to ever catch his daughter’s killers.
4. Opinion: The AAP managed to combine the support of the urban elite and the urban masses. Normally, mass politics and elite politics dance to very different tunes. The AAP has brought them together. Writes Ashutosh Varshney
5. The games BCCI play: The BCCI has hinted that it might pull out of future ICC events if structural changes suggested by the big three boards of India, England and Australia are not accepted at the January 28-29 meeting of cricket’s world body.
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now