Here are the top stories of The Indian Express you must read before you begin your day.
1. Arif Ejaz Majeed, a 23-year-old civil engineering student, went missing in May this year along with three other youths from Kalyan. They were later reported to have joined Sunni insurgents’ group ISIS which has revolted in Iraq and Syria.
2. On Wednesday, when the family of the two Jats who were killed organised a hawan in their memory, security personnel were out in full force to ensure no untoward incident took place.
3. The Muslim face of the Samajwadi Party, Azam Khan, who was the mainstay of its Lok Sabha campaign until he was banned by the Election Commission, appears to have been sidelined in the bypoll campaign.
Read more: Fall and rise of key UP campaigners
4. Since the commencement of the Constitution in 1950, it is for the third time that governors — this time, as many as nine — have had to go following a change of guard at the Centre.
Read more: Keep out will, whim and fancy
5. For a good part of this summer in England, Alastair Cook has been on the back foot in press conferences, defending his captaincy style from various detractors.
Read more: Warne, then Vaughan, now Swann
For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App now