1. 2012 TROOP MOVEMENT: LT-Gen A K Choudhary, who was Director General of Military Operations in January 2012, has confirmed that there was alarm at the highest levels of the UPA government in mid-January 2012 over the movement of two Army units near New Delhi. So much so that then defence secretary Shashi Kant Sharma summoned him shortly before midnight and told him that he “had just come back from the highest seat of power and that they are worried”.
2. PROMISES WON’T WORK: When political parties draft their election manifestos in the coming weeks, they won’t be able to woo voters through mere promises, even if some of them are seen as populist or unrealistic, like they have in the past.
Raghvendra Rao reports – EC to parties: Don’t just promise, explain how they’ll be fulfilled
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
3. LOAN TROUBLE: It all started with Surendra Mohan Nayyar wanting to own a car. Having been Rs 1 lakh short of the amount needed to buy a Daewoo Cielo, he approached Citibank for a loan. This decision marked the onset of a nightmare that eventually cost Nayyar his savings, his car and led to 18 years of litigation.
Car loan: Citibank fined Rs 16 lakh for unfair trade practices, cheating, report by D K Rituraj
4. AAP EYES BIHAR: The Aam Aadmi Party looks set to field candidates in all the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar. Former JD(U) minister Parbeen Amanullah, who recently joined the AAP, is likely to contest from Begusarai or Araria. The party will release its first Bihar list on Saturday.
In Bihar, AAP set to field candidates from all 40 seats, by Santosh Singh.
5. TV AND POLITICS: When DD started broadcasting Parliament proceedings, MPs started catering more to what they thought would interest TV-watchers rather than what their constituents might care about. The content of Question Hour became less, rather than more, diverse as a consequence. Everyone wanted to cater to the urban voter.
Parliament live, Opinion by Saugato Datta