An explosion near a school in Mizoram capital Aizawl late on Friday night badly damaged two houses while not causing human casualties. Police suspect the explosive to be gelatin, but arrests have not been made yet.
This is the fourth time a bomb has exploded in the city this year while several seizures of explosives, including RDX, and caches of illegal arms and ammunition, have been made in the same period.
The first explosion took place between the State Assembly building and the Information Department offices while the second took place in a mmarketplac0e at night. The third was outside a government functionaries’ rented residence.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The latest explosion – at around a quarter to midnight Friday – occured across a by lane from the Chaltlang Govt. Higher Secondary School in the Chaltlang neighborhood.
The blast blew out portions of the wall and windows of a house belonging to a government engineer while the glass windows of his neighbor’s house, which belongs to a doctor, were also blown out up to the fourth floor.