An explosion near a school in Mizoram capital Aizawl late on Friday night badly damaged two houses while not causing human casualties. Police suspect the explosive to be gelatin, but arrests have not been made yet.
This is the fourth time a bomb has exploded in the city this year while several seizures of explosives, including RDX, and caches of illegal arms and ammunition, have been made in the same period.
The first explosion took place between the State Assembly building and the Information Department offices while the second took place in a mmarketplac0e at night. The third was outside a government functionaries’ rented residence.
The latest explosion – at around a quarter to midnight Friday – occured across a by lane from the Chaltlang Govt. Higher Secondary School in the Chaltlang neighborhood.
The blast blew out portions of the wall and windows of a house belonging to a government engineer while the glass windows of his neighbor’s house, which belongs to a doctor, were also blown out up to the fourth floor.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016