The Kerala Police have arrested an ‘exorcist’ in connection with the alleged murder of a woman in Kollam district.
The police believe arrested 42-year-old, Sirajudeen, was employed by the woman’s father to ‘evict a demon (djinn)’ from her body.
Along with Sirajudeen, who is known for running a black magic business in Kollam district, the woman’s father and an agent, who allegedly set up the meeting, have also been arrested.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
The police said Haseena (27), a native of Thazhava in Kollam district, died at a hospital last Sunday, but the hospital management did not inform the police. Investigating officer K A Vidyadaran said the police, after receiving an anonymous tip, reached the woman’s home just as her body was being taken for cremation and took the body for post-mortem.
Two days later, the police arrested Haseena’s 60-year-old father Y Hassankunju, and retired Arabic teacher M Abdul Kabeer (56), based on the post-mortem report which said the woman was tortured to death.
Abdul Salam, a friend of Haseena’s in Thazhava said she had been suffering from a mental illness for the past 10 years. He said the family had visited Kabeer, who took them to Sirajudeen. Sirajudeen’s was hired six months ago. His treatment sessions were usually held late at night, during which he allegedly tortured Haseena.
Her post-mortem report said she died of a fracture on her vertebral column and heavy internal bleeding.