- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Ex-RSS jt gen secy who was sacked gets married
K C Kannan, who was removed from the post of RSS Sah Sarkaryavah (joint general secretary) last month over his relationship with a woman, got married on Sunday. His wife, Jeejabai, also hails from a Sangh Parivar family in Palakkad.
While the wedding at the Sree Krishna Temple here was attended by family members, no RSS or BJP leaders turned up. RSS general secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi and joint general secretary Dattatreya Hosabale are in Kerala since Saturday.
Kannan, 52, was the first RSS leader to be removed from such a high-level post — the Sah Sarkaryavah ranks third in the hierarchy. Although RSS pracharaks are usually bachelors, there are married pracharaks as well, but only at the lower levels.
RSS sources said Kannan was involved in the relationship even before he was made one of the four Sah Sarkaryavahs in 2012. “There is nothing wrong in opting for family life, but the organisation felt that Kannan had insulted the institution of pracharak. The incident had a demoralising effect on the cadres,’’ said an RSS leader.