K C Kannan, who was removed from the post of RSS Sah Sarkaryavah (joint general secretary) last month over his relationship with a woman, got married on Sunday. His wife, Jeejabai, also hails from a Sangh Parivar family in Palakkad.
While the wedding at the Sree Krishna Temple here was attended by family members, no RSS or BJP leaders turned up. RSS general secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi and joint general secretary Dattatreya Hosabale are in Kerala since Saturday.
Kannan, 52, was the first RSS leader to be removed from such a high-level post — the Sah Sarkaryavah ranks third in the hierarchy. Although RSS pracharaks are usually bachelors, there are married pracharaks as well, but only at the lower levels.
RSS sources said Kannan was involved in the relationship even before he was made one of the four Sah Sarkaryavahs in 2012. “There is nothing wrong in opting for family life, but the organisation felt that Kannan had insulted the institution of pracharak. The incident had a demoralising effect on the cadres,’’ said an RSS leader.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More