K C Kannan, who was removed from the post of RSS Sah Sarkaryavah (joint general secretary) last month over his relationship with a woman, got married on Sunday. His wife, Jeejabai, also hails from a Sangh Parivar family in Palakkad.
While the wedding at the Sree Krishna Temple here was attended by family members, no RSS or BJP leaders turned up. RSS general secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi and joint general secretary Dattatreya Hosabale are in Kerala since Saturday.
Kannan, 52, was the first RSS leader to be removed from such a high-level post — the Sah Sarkaryavah ranks third in the hierarchy. Although RSS pracharaks are usually bachelors, there are married pracharaks as well, but only at the lower levels.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
RSS sources said Kannan was involved in the relationship even before he was made one of the four Sah Sarkaryavahs in 2012. “There is nothing wrong in opting for family life, but the organisation felt that Kannan had insulted the institution of pracharak. The incident had a demoralising effect on the cadres,’’ said an RSS leader.