Former Congress MLA Nishith Patel was on Saturday suspended by the party for allegedly indulging in anti-party activities.
State Congress President, Arun Yadav has suspended Patel for indulging in anti-party activities, Chief Congress Spokesman, K K Mishra told reporters.
Patel was allegedly working against Congress candidate for Bahoriband assembly by-poll, Sorabh Singh.
Yadav took the stern action of suspending Patel from the party on the complaint of Sourabh, he said.
By-polls are scheduled to be held in Bahoriband along with Agar and Vijayragavgarh in the state on August 21.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
Nishith Patel is the son of former Congress Minister, Shravan Patel who is close to senior Congress leader and MP, Jyotirdaitya Scindia.
BJP sources said that Nishith is likely to join BJP today in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Nishith contested the 2013 assembly polls from Bahoriband seat on a Congress ticket but lost to Prabhat Pandey of BJP.
The bypoll was necessitated in the seat after the death of Pandey.
This time Congress has given ticket to Sourabh Singh who joined Congress recently after leaving BSP and Patel was opposing his candidature from Bahoriband seat.