Former Congress MLA Nishith Patel was on Saturday suspended by the party for allegedly indulging in anti-party activities.
State Congress President, Arun Yadav has suspended Patel for indulging in anti-party activities, Chief Congress Spokesman, K K Mishra told reporters.
Patel was allegedly working against Congress candidate for Bahoriband assembly by-poll, Sorabh Singh.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
Yadav took the stern action of suspending Patel from the party on the complaint of Sourabh, he said.
By-polls are scheduled to be held in Bahoriband along with Agar and Vijayragavgarh in the state on August 21.
Nishith Patel is the son of former Congress Minister, Shravan Patel who is close to senior Congress leader and MP, Jyotirdaitya Scindia.
BJP sources said that Nishith is likely to join BJP today in the presence of Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
Nishith contested the 2013 assembly polls from Bahoriband seat on a Congress ticket but lost to Prabhat Pandey of BJP.
The bypoll was necessitated in the seat after the death of Pandey.
This time Congress has given ticket to Sourabh Singh who joined Congress recently after leaving BSP and Patel was opposing his candidature from Bahoriband seat.