A retired Army officer, who refused a local goon’s “order” to get rid of his “intimidating, bushy” moustache, had a part of his ear chopped off by the goon in Bihta, Bihar.
The incident took place late Monday night when ex-Army official Ramanuj Verma (45) was returning from Bihta market to Kaudia village. Nanku Yadav, a fellow villager with a criminal past, stopped Verma and asked him to shave off his “intimidating” moustache by Wednesday or “face dire consequences”. Verma retorted saying it was against his “honour to shave off his moustache, that too under the order of a petty goon”.
Verma told police that Yadav then took out his knife and attacked him, chopping off the lower part of his left ear. Verma retaliated, hitting Yadav’s jaw with his fist. Yadav then fled with Verma’s motorbike and abandoned it at a distance.
Verma, currently under treatment at a hospital in Bihta, said, “Nanku would often say I should not sport a bushy moustache because I look intimidating. I would say a moustache is the pride of an Army man. How can a petty goon ask me to remove my moustache?”
Bihta police station in-charge Sanjeet Kumar Sinha said, “Verma challenged Yadav over the matter and broke his jaw. The two were known to each other.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Sinha said the police have lodged case of attempt of murder against Yadav and are looking for him.