A retired Army officer, who refused a local goon’s “order” to get rid of his “intimidating, bushy” moustache, had a part of his ear chopped off by the goon in Bihta, Bihar.
The incident took place late Monday night when ex-Army official Ramanuj Verma (45) was returning from Bihta market to Kaudia village. Nanku Yadav, a fellow villager with a criminal past, stopped Verma and asked him to shave off his “intimidating” moustache by Wednesday or “face dire consequences”. Verma retorted saying it was against his “honour to shave off his moustache, that too under the order of a petty goon”.
Verma told police that Yadav then took out his knife and attacked him, chopping off the lower part of his left ear. Verma retaliated, hitting Yadav’s jaw with his fist. Yadav then fled with Verma’s motorbike and abandoned it at a distance.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations
Verma, currently under treatment at a hospital in Bihta, said, “Nanku would often say I should not sport a bushy moustache because I look intimidating. I would say a moustache is the pride of an Army man. How can a petty goon ask me to remove my moustache?”
Bihta police station in-charge Sanjeet Kumar Sinha said, “Verma challenged Yadav over the matter and broke his jaw. The two were known to each other.”
Sinha said the police have lodged case of attempt of murder against Yadav and are looking for him.