The Economic Offences Wing (EOW) of the Mumbai Police Crime Branch has frozen the bank account of actor Boman Irani’s son Danesh, who is currently under the scanner for his alleged connection with the QNet scam.
Earlier this month, the EOW initiated investigation against Danesh after Gurpreet Singh Anand, the complainant in the case, alleged that he was associated with QNet, which allegedly cheated people to the tune of Rs 425 crore.
On Monday, the EOW froze Danesh’s account in a private bank here. “The account is linked to two fixed deposit accounts and has a total of Rs 28 to 30 lakh. We have frozen the account,” said a senior EOW officer.
The officer added that scrutiny of the the transaction details of the bank account indicated that Danesh had received a total amount of Rs 40 lakh from QNet.
“We are yet to confirm what services the money was paid in exchange of. We will soon be issuing a summons to Danesh. When he turns up for questioning, we will ask him about his exact role in QNet and the services he rendered in exchange of the money,” the officer said. Earlier, Boman Irani had issued a statement saying that all of Danesh’s earnings were “above-board”.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More