The country’s premier anti-money laundering and forex violations probe agency, Enforcement Directorate (ED), has made its Twitter debut, with the usually reticent organisation promising “quick updates” on the social networking site about its actions.
“Enforcement Directorate is now on Twitter”, said the first post of the 58-year-old organisation on the micro-blogging site.
“Follow us for quick updates on happenings in ED, including information on notable actions taken against forex and money laundering offences,” the official handle ‘dir_ed’ posted.
Officials said the agency’s foray into this online public medium was the brainchild of ED Director Rajan S Katoch who has already ushered in a number of best practises to bring transparency in the functioning of the organisation.
“Happy to be part of the Twitter community, says Director Rajan Katoch,” the subsequent post read.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The agency, officials said, would update its Twitter handle with regard to communicating important developments in its cases or instances of public importance.
It has already got over 200 followers even as it follows four which include two Twitter handles of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, that of Finance Minister Arun Jaitely and of the Press Information Bureau (PIB), the official media and communications wing of the central government.
The ED was established to probe cases of illegal foreign funds and other financial crimes under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) and the Foreign Exchange Management Act (FEMA) and it functions under the Union Finance Ministry.