Get all the latest updates on Lok Sabha election throughout the day
# Unfazed by Arvind Kejriwal’s announcement to seek people’s mandate to take on Narendra Modi from Varanasi Lok Sabha seat, the BJP on Sunday said the Aam Aadmi Party leader stands no chance against their prime ministerial nominee.
# Congress on Sunday came out with a list of candidates for all 32 seats for the Sikkim Assembly elections to be held on April 12 during the Lok Sabha polls.
# AAP Chief Arvind Kejriwal in his Bangalore rally on Sunday finally announced that he is ready to field against Narendra Modi if people of Varanasi wanted him to.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
# Kejriwal also thrashed out at party’s counterpart BJP for giving tickets to the corrupt politicians in Karnataka and other states.
# He questioned BJP on fielding corrupt politicians like Sriramalu and Yedyurappa whereas the party claims to be against corruption.
# While addressing supporters in Bangalore, Kejriwal claimed he has visited many places all over India and have found no one happy with the their government.
# “After resigning from Chief Minister’s post, I visited Haryana, UP, Karnataka and Odisha and got to know that people are not happy with their government and need change,” he said.
# “People of Karnataka are unhappy with both BJP and Congress and want to eradicate them,” Kejriwal added.
# The suspense over AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal contesting against BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi could end today as the AAP convenor is expected to make the announcement during his Bangalore rally.
Many people asking me – “will i contest against Modi ji?” I will talk on this issue in today’s rally at Bangalore
— Arvind Kejriwal (@ArvindKejriwal) March 16, 2014
# The Mumbai North West Lok Sabha constituency is set to witness an interesting four-cornered battle between sitting Congress MP Gurudas Kamat, Shiv Sena leader Gajanan Kirtikar, AAP’s Mayank Gandhi and movie director Mahesh Manjrekar from MNS.
# After announcement of his seat from Varanasi, BJP Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi warmed up for the UP campaign as he expressed his gratitude towards the party for giving him the opportunity. “With blessings of Ganga Mata and Kashi Vishwanath, let us work towards success of Mission272+ and create a strong, vibrant and prosperous India,” Modi tweeted.
With blessings of Ganga Mata & Kashi Vishwanath, let us work towards success of Mission272+ & create a strong, vibrant & prosperous India.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 15, 2014
Grateful to the Party for giving me opportunity to contest the election from the holy city of Varanasi! An honour to contest from Varanasi.
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 15, 2014
# A day after BJP announced that Narendra Modi will contest elections from Varanasi, social activist Kiran Bedi welcomed the move. The former IPS officer took to micro-blogging site Twitter as she wrote: “UP destined to give India its strongest PM. Changing every indian’s destiny! Good Governance returns through sound leadership.”
#MyVoteForModi UP destined to give India its strongest PM. Changing every indian’s destiny! Good Governance returns thru sound leadership
— Kiran Bedi (@thekiranbedi) March 15, 2014
# The Aam Aadmi Party has sought to strike a balance by giving tickets to people from diverse fields like media, corporate world, films and academics besides social activists, former defence personnel and retired bureaucrats for the Lok Sabha elections.
# Springing a surprise in Delhi, the BJP nominated three recent entrants in the party — Maheish Girri, Manoj Tiwari and Udit Raj — for the Lok Sabha elections from East Delhi and Northwest Delhi constituencies. While party chief Harsh Vardhan is set to contest from Chandni Chowk, BJP spokesperson Meenakshi Lekhi was nominated from the New Delhi seat.
# The JD(U) has fielded Assembly Speaker Uday Narayan Choudhary in Jamui against LJP’s Chirag Paswan, son of Ram Vilas Paswan, and retired IAS officer K P Ramaiah against Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar in Sasaram.