Election authorities in Uttar Pradesh have sent the CD of the controversial remarks by Narendra Modi’s close aide Amit Shah along with the report of District Election Officer to the Election Commission here on Sunday.
Sources said the Chief Electoral Officer of UP had yesterday taken cognisance of Shah’s statement and had sought the CD along with a detailed report from the district authorities.
These have been sent to the Nirvachan Sadan- the headquarters of the Election Commission here, they said.
The EC is likely to take a call on the issue in its meeting tomorrow, the sources said.
The BJP leader has sparked a row with his comment that the general election, especially in western UP, is “an election for honour. It is an election to take revenge for the insult. It an election to teach a lesson to those who have committed injustice”.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Congress has demanded the arrest of Shah for his remarks while BJP has said that he had talked of taking revenge from Congress and his statement was not against any particular community.
The speech came under attack from political parties which accused him of vitiating the atmosphere in the region, which witnessed one of the worst communal riots between Hindus and Muslims in September last year.