The Centre on Tuesday admitted before the Supreme Court that 189 out of 236 documents sought by the CBI,which is probing coal block allocation scam,are “not-available”.
In an affidavit filed before the apex court,the Coal Ministry submitted that an Inter Ministerial Committee has been constituted to “examine and review non-availability of any file or document” and to suggest appropriate action for locating them within a month.
Giving details of the missing documents,the Ministry said that 7 files,173 applications of coal block allocatees/ applicants and nine other documents are being searched by it.
“Of the 43 files,21 have already been handed over to the CBI,15 are available for handing over and CBI has been requested to collect the same. Efforts are being made to locate the rest 7 files.
“Out of 19 applications,3 applications have already been made available to CBI. The remaining 16 applications along with 157 applications are being searched.Out of the 17 other documents,6 have been supplied,2 are available for handing over and 9 are being searched,” the affidavit said.
The affidavit said that so far 769 files/documents/other papers in original have been handed over to the CBI for investigation comprising of as many as 497 files,163 applications,40 agenda papers,10 feedback-form booklets and 33 miscellaneous documents. It said that 26 CDs have also been handed over.