The Enforcement Directorate (ED) Wednesday arrested the wife and son of Sudipta Sen, the alleged kingpin in the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam and an accused in a money laundering case.
Piyali Sen and Shubhojit were arrested after they were questioned for close to two hours with regard to the alleged dubious transactions. Hundreds of investors across West Bengal, Orissa and Assam have alleged they were duped.
“Both people have been arrested under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act and will be produced in a court tomorrow (Thursday). ED brought them to Kolkata… they had been absconding,” sources said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Sources said the agency arrested the two to question them about incriminating documents obtained during raids at the Kolkata-based firms.
The agency recently issued summons to numerous entities involved in the case even as it attached assets worth Rs 140 crore of individuals and firms on money laundering charges. The agency is jointly probing the case taking cognisance of the FIRs filed by the three state police departments.