The Enforcement Directorate (ED) Wednesday arrested the wife and son of Sudipta Sen, the alleged kingpin in the multi-crore Saradha chit fund scam and an accused in a money laundering case.
Piyali Sen and Shubhojit were arrested after they were questioned for close to two hours with regard to the alleged dubious transactions. Hundreds of investors across West Bengal, Orissa and Assam have alleged they were duped.
“Both people have been arrested under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act and will be produced in a court tomorrow (Thursday). ED brought them to Kolkata… they had been absconding,” sources said.
Sources said the agency arrested the two to question them about incriminating documents obtained during raids at the Kolkata-based firms.
The agency recently issued summons to numerous entities involved in the case even as it attached assets worth Rs 140 crore of individuals and firms on money laundering charges. The agency is jointly probing the case taking cognisance of the FIRs filed by the three state police departments.
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet