- Aam Aadmi Party violated Model Code: Election Commission
- 50 pc cut in power tariff, free wifi, water among AAP promises
- BJP issuing ads in violation of model code of conduct: Congress
- ‘Right now, it’s gaali-galoch ka politics; I say CCTV cameras, they call me a bandar’, says Arvind Kejriwal
- Upadhyay to cadre: Accept Bedi for Modi
- 230 crorepatis, 114 with criminal cases in fray: ADR
- Shah sells Modi dreams, says once here, we stay
‘During his last days, Bal Thackeray survived on soup sent from my home’
Raising an emotional pitch amidst an internecine conflict in the Thackeray clan, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday claimed that the late Bal Thackeray was fed oily batata wadas during his last days, and survived on food sent from his house till he slipped into a coma.
“He used to call me daily during his last days, and one day I saw someone giving him two oily batata wadas. I asked him (Bal Thackeray) why he was eating such oily stuff, and he said that this is what he is given. I then asked him if he would like to have chicken soup, and he said he would try. This is not something to be said in public, but till the day he slipped into the coma, he was eating the soup sent from my home. All this time he never felt that I had backstabbed him,” MNS chief Raj Thackeray said while canvassing for the party in Dombivali in Thane district.
Thackeray’s outburst came after Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Tuesday said that his cousin brother Raj had backstabbed his father. Uddhav had also questioned why Raj Thackeray had been absent during the first death anniversary of Bal Thackeray.
A visibly miffed Raj Thackeray chose to lash out against Uddhav and claimed that it was he who was at his side in the hospital when Uddhav was being treated for a heart ailment. “I was the one who drove him (Uddhav) from the hospital to Matoshree (Thackeray residence). I want to ask him at that time why did not he feel that he was sitting next to the person who had back- stabbed him,” Raj said.