Raising an emotional pitch amidst an internecine conflict in the Thackeray clan, Maharashtra Navnirman Sena chief Raj Thackeray on Wednesday claimed that the late Bal Thackeray was fed oily batata wadas during his last days, and survived on food sent from his house till he slipped into a coma.
“He used to call me daily during his last days, and one day I saw someone giving him two oily batata wadas. I asked him (Bal Thackeray) why he was eating such oily stuff, and he said that this is what he is given. I then asked him if he would like to have chicken soup, and he said he would try. This is not something to be said in public, but till the day he slipped into the coma, he was eating the soup sent from my home. All this time he never felt that I had backstabbed him,” MNS chief Raj Thackeray said while canvassing for the party in Dombivali in Thane district.
Thackeray’s outburst came after Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray on Tuesday said that his cousin brother Raj had backstabbed his father. Uddhav had also questioned why Raj Thackeray had been absent during the first death anniversary of Bal Thackeray.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
A visibly miffed Raj Thackeray chose to lash out against Uddhav and claimed that it was he who was at his side in the hospital when Uddhav was being treated for a heart ailment. “I was the one who drove him (Uddhav) from the hospital to Matoshree (Thackeray residence). I want to ask him at that time why did not he feel that he was sitting next to the person who had back- stabbed him,” Raj said.