Elections will be held for the Delhi University Court, the highest statutory body of the university, on August 22.
“Polls will be held to elect the treasurer, a member of the finance committee, four members of the Executive Council, six positions from Industry and Commerce and seven other positions meant to be filled from among professors of law, medicine, engineering and technology, and auditing and accountancy,” Registrar Alka Sharma said in an official notification.
The elections will be conducted at 2 PM on August 22 at the New Convention Hall, Vice Regal Lodge in North Campus. While two candidates have been validly nominated for the member of finance committee, three candidates for the honorary post of treasurer, five candidates for election to the Executive Council, candidature of nine persons was found valid for positions to be filled from Industry and Commerce.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
The treasurer and members from Industry and Commerce sector are elected for a tenure of five years and the Executive Council and Finance committee members for three years.
The Court is the supreme authority of the University which has the power to review the Acts and resolutions of the varsity’s Executive (EC) and Academic Council (AC) which look into important matters including the decisions pertaining to extent of autonomy of its colleges, institution of scholarships, withdrawal of privileges, disciplinary matters among others.
The Finance Committee exercises general supervision over the funds of the University and advises it on matters pertaining to the financial policy.