Taking a dig at Narendra Modi, Priyanka Gandhi today said a 56-inch chest is not needed to run the country but a “big heart” and “moral strength”.
The Congress star campaigner was taking a jibe at BJP Prime Ministerial candidate’s 56-inch chest remark during a rally in Gorakhpur recently.
“A 56-inch chest is not needed to run this country, a big heart is needed to run it. To run this country cruel force of power is not needed, but moral strength is needed. It needs an internal strength,” Priyanka said while addressing a meeting here.
“Such type of strength is needed, which could even sacrifice life to save the culture of the country,” she said.
Modi had said during the Gorakhpur rally that it would take a “56-inch chest” to convert UP into Gujarat.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav), do you know the meaning of converting UP into Gujarat? It means 24-hour electricity, no power cut for 365 days in every village and street. You can’t do it. You don’t have the guts to turn UP into Gujarat. It takes a 56-inch chest,” Modi had said.
Priyanka said this is the country of Mahatma Gandhi and people of all religions, including Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhist, Jains, sacrificed their lives for its freedom.
“Dalits and tribals sacrificed their lives for its freedom,” she said.
“This is your country and you are its guard. This is my country and the blood which runs in my veins has mixed with its soil,” Priyanka said, adding, “It your duty to protect the country and the ‘dharma’ of my family”.