Defending Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, who is facing the heat over Vyapam scam, BJP MP Rakesh Singh on Saturday said all mysterious deaths in the state are not related to the Vyapam scam. “All the 44 deaths that are being linked to Vyapam scam has nothing to do with it,” the Lok Sabha MP from Jabalpur told a press conference here.
- CBI acting as govt's puppet in Vyapam scam: Congress
- Prepare the ground to uproot BJP government in MP: Arvind Kejriwal
- CBI has turned into RSS Shakha: Kamal Nath
- Vyapam case: Congress to file private complaint, deploy its lawyer leaders, says Kapil Sibal
- Vyapam scam: I was clean, so clean chit was inevitable, says CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- Vyapam exam scam: Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan gets clean chit as 490 are charged
Singh, also party affairs in-charge for Maharashtra, said that it was MP chief minister who first initiated a probe into the scam. Meanwhile, on ministers in the Maharashtra government charged with corruption, Singh said it is the individual who is facing allegations and not the Devendra Fadnavis-led BJP government.
“There were no charges against the Devendra Fadanvis government as such and only few issues have been raised by Congressmen due to frustration,” Singh said, adding that levelling allegations is not new for the Congress. None of the charges have been proved so far, he added.