Telugu Desam Party requested the Centre not to fix an “appointed date” for formation of Telangana state in haste and wait till the Supreme Court fully disposes petitions challenging the constitutional validity of the AP Reorganization Bill.
“Many petitions are pending in the Supreme Court against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh. Constitutional and legal experts have already expressed the view that the AP Reorganization Bill is unconstitutional. Let the Supreme Court first pronounce whether or not the Bill is constitutional,”TDP politburo member Yanamala Ramakrishnudu said in a statement.
Only the Supreme Court was empowered to determine whether any law passed by Parliament is legal and constitutional, the Leader of Opposition in AP Legislative Council pointed out.Noting that the AP Reorganisation Bill was not an ordinary one, Yanamala said the Centre should tread cautiously while sending it to the President for assent.
“The Centre should not hurriedly fix the appointed date for the new state to come into being. It should go ahead only after the Supreme Court delivered its verdict on the petitions challenging the constitutional validity of the Bill,” Yanamala said.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review