Taking a cue from Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar, Army chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag on Tuesday directed his officers and others not to clap after his address.
- Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag winds up his farewell visits with trip to Siachen
- 'Broad consensus' to improve Sino-India border management: People's Liberation Army
- Subramanian Swamy says corrupt are targeting V K Singh
- Defence Minister Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Manohar Parrikar arrives in J-K to review security situation
- Delhi confidential: Cap On Clapping
“After I finish my address please do not clap. Hereafter, we will maintain the decorum of not clapping in uniform,” Gen Suhag said after a round of applause following his address at an Army event in the capital.
The General also noticed that he had forgotten to mention it at the start of his address. He also referred to Parrikar, who after his address at Commanders’ conference last month, had said he was under the impression that people in uniform don’t clap after an individual’s address.