Rubbishing various speculation surrounding his mother Sunanda Pushkar’s death, her son Shiv Menon on Wednesday said she was “too strong” to commit suicide and died due to an unfortunate combination of media stress, tensions and a wrong mix of different medication.
21-year-old Menon, Sunanda’s son from a previous marriage, said both Shashi Tharoor and his mother were “very much in love” despite their “occasional differences” and that he did not believe that the Union Minister was capable of harming her physically.
“What the media reports have been alleging and implying in regard to my mother’s death is not just untrue, its outrageous. Anyone who knew my mother would simply know that she was too strong to commit suicide,” he said in a statement.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“I also do not believe that Shashi was capable of physically harming her, let alone the speculation that he could have taken her life,” he said.
52-year-old Sunanda was found dead in a 5-star hotel in South Delhi on Friday night, a day after her twitter spat with Pakistani journalist Mehr Tarar over an alleged affair with Tharoor.
“It was an unfortunate combination of media stress, tensions and a wrong mix of different medication. Her death was peaceful, she passed in her sleep. Please let her soul rest, I think there has been enough attention drawn towards her life,” Menon said.
The Sub Divisional Magistrate probing the case yesterday directed police to investigate murder or suicide angles in Sunanda’s death after the autopsy pin-pointed “poisoning” as the reason for her demise.
SDM Alok Sharma has given this directive to the police after considering the autopsy report which mentioned over a dozen injury marks on both her hands as well as a minor bruise on her left cheek which could be due to use of “blunt force”.
However, the report ruled out death due to these injuries.
The SDM, who had recorded the statement of Sunanda’s brother, son, Tharoor and his staff, said that no family member suspected any foul play in the death.