The house of separatist Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani being donated to a Trust has started a war of words between the Hurriyat led by Geelani and parent organisation Jamat-e-Islami, which claimed it cannot be donated to anyone by Geelani.
Hurriyat termed Jamat-e-Islami statement’s as “far from the truth” and added: “It has no moral or legal legitimacy”.
Geelani was reported to have announced that his house and a three-storey building housing offices of his organisation Tehreek-e-Hurriyat and Hurriyat Conference at posh Hyderpora in Srinagar has been donated to a Trust to “carry forward the goals of freedom”.
But Jamat-e-Islami staked claim on the property. “The property belongs to Jamat-e-Islami… The meeting (of Jamat members) unanimously reaffirmed the decision previously taken by Jamat that the property will remain in possession of Syed Ali Geelani Sahib. Nevertheless, after Geelani Sahib, Jamat will be authorised to take any decision about it,” said Jamat spokesman Zahid Ali.
Hurriyat spokesman said the house was purchased in the name of Geelani from donations.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016