The house of separatist Hurriyat leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani being donated to a Trust has started a war of words between the Hurriyat led by Geelani and parent organisation Jamat-e-Islami, which claimed it cannot be donated to anyone by Geelani.
Hurriyat termed Jamat-e-Islami statement’s as “far from the truth” and added: “It has no moral or legal legitimacy”.
Geelani was reported to have announced that his house and a three-storey building housing offices of his organisation Tehreek-e-Hurriyat and Hurriyat Conference at posh Hyderpora in Srinagar has been donated to a Trust to “carry forward the goals of freedom”.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
But Jamat-e-Islami staked claim on the property. “The property belongs to Jamat-e-Islami… The meeting (of Jamat members) unanimously reaffirmed the decision previously taken by Jamat that the property will remain in possession of Syed Ali Geelani Sahib. Nevertheless, after Geelani Sahib, Jamat will be authorised to take any decision about it,” said Jamat spokesman Zahid Ali.
Hurriyat spokesman said the house was purchased in the name of Geelani from donations.