Doctors across Uttar Pradesh called off their six-day strike against the attack on their colleagues in Kanpur, a day after the UP government clamped ESMA against striking medicos and the Allahabad High Court stepped in to resolve the deadlock.
Twenty-four junior doctors, who were arrested in connection with the clash with police and supporters of a SP MLA, have been released.
The six-day strike, which adversely impacted medical services in several parts of the state, was called up after medicos at GSV Medical College were allegedly beaten up by Kanpur Police and supporters of SP MLA Irfan Solanki following an altercation.
Amidst reports of deaths in different districts of the state due to the strike, UP government yesterday decided to invoke the Essential Services Maintenance Act.
The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court had yesterday directed UP government to transfer SSP, Kanpur, Yashaswi Yadav, and other officials involved in the February 28 clash, but clarified that it was only to resolve the situation and should not be taken as a “stigma” on the officials.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
(With PTI inputs)