A doctor was beaten to death by three brothers in Ganganagar area Monday after he complained to their parents that the three had been verbally harassing his daughter for the last three months.
Neelam, the wife of the deceased, lodged an FIR with the Itchauli police station accusing all three, who lived in the same neighbourhood, and said they had become a nightmare for her family.
The accused — Nishu, Rahul and Monu — were arrested by the police and have been sent to the Meerut jail after being produced before the Magistrate on Tuesday, the police said.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
The doctor — an eye specialist — Indresh Parashar, was returning home from his clinic in Parikshitnagar on Monday night when the three intercepted him and beat him with iron rods and hockey sticks. Parashar ran and entered a gymnasium, but the accused followed him there and allegedly beat him with an exercising instrument there. The three fled from the spot and locals took the doctor to a private nursing home where he succumbed to injuries.
The locals, unhappy with the delayed police response, blocked a road in protest for an hour in Ganganagar.
“We have arrested all the three from there residence on Monday night and they have been sent to jail. We acted promptly on the case,” the police said.
Meanwhile, the Range DIG, K.Satyanarain Singh assured that a massive campaign will be launched to help check rising cases of eve-teasing here.