A doctor was beaten to death by three brothers in Ganganagar area Monday after he complained to their parents that the three had been verbally harassing his daughter for the last three months.
Neelam, the wife of the deceased, lodged an FIR with the Itchauli police station accusing all three, who lived in the same neighbourhood, and said they had become a nightmare for her family.
The accused — Nishu, Rahul and Monu — were arrested by the police and have been sent to the Meerut jail after being produced before the Magistrate on Tuesday, the police said.
The doctor — an eye specialist — Indresh Parashar, was returning home from his clinic in Parikshitnagar on Monday night when the three intercepted him and beat him with iron rods and hockey sticks. Parashar ran and entered a gymnasium, but the accused followed him there and allegedly beat him with an exercising instrument there. The three fled from the spot and locals took the doctor to a private nursing home where he succumbed to injuries.
The locals, unhappy with the delayed police response, blocked a road in protest for an hour in Ganganagar.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
“We have arrested all the three from there residence on Monday night and they have been sent to jail. We acted promptly on the case,” the police said.
Meanwhile, the Range DIG, K.Satyanarain Singh assured that a massive campaign will be launched to help check rising cases of eve-teasing here.