The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation and Noida Authority today signed an agreement for the construction of metro corridor between Kalindi Kunj and Botanical Garden.
The MoU was signed between DMRC Director-Business Development S D Sharma, and Noida Authority CEO Rama Raman, at Metro Bhawan here in the presence of DMRC Managing Director Mangu Singh and other senior officials, DMRC Executive Director (Corporate Communications) Anuj Dayal said.
The 3.962 km long elevated section between Kalindi Kunj and Botanical Garden stretch will be a part of DMRC’s third phase of section on the 36.28 kms long Janakpuri West to Botanical Garden corridor (Line 8).
This section, consisting of two stations–Okhla Bird Sanctuary and Botanical Garden, will directly connect Noida with various important areas in Delhi such as Jamia Milia Islamia University, Kalkaji, Okhla, Nehru Place, IIT, Hauz Khas, R K Puram, Munirka, Vasant Vihar, Indira Gandhi International Airport–Domestic Terminal, Palam, Janakpuri among others.
According to the Detailed Project Report (DPR), about 48,500 commuters are expected to use this section by 2017, Dayal said. The Botanical Garden Metro station in Noida will emerge as the first ever interchange Metro station in the NCR outside the boundaries of Delhi city.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
This station will provide interchange between the currently operational Noida City Centre to Dwarka Sector 21 line and the upcoming Janakpuri West to Botanical Garden corridor.
The projected interchange load of the new station as per the DPR will be 97,780 in 2016. Presently, approximately, 14,000 passengers use the station everyday.
DMRC network’s fourth bridge over River Yamuna is coming up on this section. This bridge will also be the second bridge to come up in Metro Phase 3 after another one which is being built along the Nizamuddin road bridge on the Majlish Park to Shiv Vihar Metro corridor.
The location of this 574 metres long bridge is along the Okhla barrage after crossing Kalindi Kunj and it is coming up about 85 metres downstream of the existing Okhla bridge over the river Yamuna.
This bridge is located between the Kalindi Kunj and Okhla Bird Sanctuary stations. This link will be the second Metro connection between Delhi and Noida. The presently operational Line 3 connects Noida City Centre with Dwarka and covers the Golf Course,
Botanical Garden, Sector 18, Sector 16 and Sector 15 areas of the satellite city.
While construction work is in progress on the Metro links to Faridabad and Bahadurgarh in Haryana, MoU has been recently signed for the extension to New Bus Stand, Ghaziabad in Uttar Pradesh.