On the women’s day, Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday sought to attack Narendra Modi on personal front, saying how can the Gujarat chief minister look after the nation if he cannot “respect and take care of his wife”.
“I want to ask him if there is slightest respect for women in his heart, why does he leave blank the column where his wife’s name should be written in the election form. Why Gujarat’s ‘who’s who’ does not mention his wife’s name. “Why does not Modi say so if he is not married or he has left her? Poor Jashodaben (Modi’s reported wife) lives in a rented accommodation. Why does not he get a bunglow for her and provide her the facilties, when he has become such a big man. How somebody, who cannot respect and take care of his wife, will look after the nation,” Singh said.
On the occasion of International Women’s Day today, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate is holding ‘Chai Pe Charcha with NaMo’ programme through Internet at BJP headquarters where Modi will interact to people from around 1,500 different locations.
BJP is trying to use the ‘tea-seller’ jibe hurled at Modi by his opponents to its advantage to reach out to voters.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Singh also dismissed the threat of RSS to initiate appropriate action against Rahul Gandhi for his remarks blaming the Sangh for the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. “Whatever he (Rahul) has said is correct. It is their (RSS’) ideology that killed Mahatma Gandhi… We will prove that Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated due to their ideology. Gandhi was killed due to their provocative statements and whisper campaign. We have been fighting this ideology and will keep fighting.