On the women’s day, Congress leader Digvijay Singh on Saturday sought to attack Narendra Modi on personal front, saying how can the Gujarat chief minister look after the nation if he cannot “respect and take care of his wife”.
“I want to ask him if there is slightest respect for women in his heart, why does he leave blank the column where his wife’s name should be written in the election form. Why Gujarat’s ‘who’s who’ does not mention his wife’s name. “Why does not Modi say so if he is not married or he has left her? Poor Jashodaben (Modi’s reported wife) lives in a rented accommodation. Why does not he get a bunglow for her and provide her the facilties, when he has become such a big man. How somebody, who cannot respect and take care of his wife, will look after the nation,” Singh said.
On the occasion of International Women’s Day today, the BJP’s prime ministerial candidate is holding ‘Chai Pe Charcha with NaMo’ programme through Internet at BJP headquarters where Modi will interact to people from around 1,500 different locations.
BJP is trying to use the ‘tea-seller’ jibe hurled at Modi by his opponents to its advantage to reach out to voters.
Singh also dismissed the threat of RSS to initiate appropriate action against Rahul Gandhi for his remarks blaming the Sangh for the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. “Whatever he (Rahul) has said is correct. It is their (RSS’) ideology that killed Mahatma Gandhi… We will prove that Mahatma Gandhi was assassinated due to their ideology. Gandhi was killed due to their provocative statements and whisper campaign. We have been fighting this ideology and will keep fighting.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review