Dhananjay Munde,estranged nephew of deputy leader of opposition in Lok Sabha Gopinath Munde,Tuesday resigned as member of legislative council (MLC),and formally quit BJP to join NCP.
Although Dhananjay distanced himself from BJP more than a year ago, he continued to hold the MLC seat. The timing of Dhananjays resignation is being seen as a calculated strategy by NCP to corner Gopinath Munde,who is already facing heat following the recent Election Commission notice regarding the Rs 8-crore spend in Beed for the 2009 election.
Dhananjay said,My commitment to the NCP is unwavering. I am ready to take up any assignment given to me by Ajit Pawar.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
However,Dhananjay refrained from commenting on poll expenditure by Gopinath Munde.
He said,In 2009,I was in the BJP as a worker.
Sources say the move has been orchestrated by Deputy CM Ajit Pawar,who,late Monday night,held a core committee meeting to discuss how to exploit the family differences and pit Dhananjay against his uncle.
State BJP president Devendra Fadnavis sent a strong message to NCP. The deputy CMs ploy will not help NCP reap any electoral benefit. It will only be detrimental to the NCP. Dhananjays resignation does not make any difference to BJP.
Dhananjay cannot match Gopinath Mundes stature. Gopinath Munde is deeply revered in his constituency, Fadnavis added.
BJP believes Mundes daughter Pankaja Munde-Palve,an MLA herself,has worked hard to ensure that the party retains all the panchayats.