The Pune city police on Tuesday arrested Dhananjay Desai alias Bhai (34), the “national president” of Hindu Rashtra Sena (HRS) in connection with the murder of Muslim techie Mohsin Sadiq Shaikh (28) at Hadapsar on June 2. HRS has alleged that the move is a “political conspiracy.”
Desai was already in the custody of the police as he was arrested on June 3 by Pune Cantonment police station and then Loni Kalbhor police station for allegedly circulating and distributing pamphlets with objectionable content in the areas in March 2014.
The Pune city police today filed a production warrant before a magistrate court in Pune for seeking Desai’s transfer in the murder case at Hadapsar. After the court granted permission, cops arrested Desai on charges of murder.
Earlier, the police had arrested 20 youths allegedly associated to the HRS in this case taking the total number of arrests in this case to 21. Also, two minor boys were detained for their alleged links with the murder.
Joint commissioner of police Sanjay Kumar confirmed Desai’s arrest. A senior police officer said that investigation into the murder case revealed “evidence” against Desai, and so he was arrested. Pune city police would be producing Desai before the court on Wednesday for seeking his custody in the murder case for further investigation.
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swam Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
When contacted, Yogesh Kupekar, the “office in-charge” of HRS in Mumbai said, “HRS has nothing to do with this murder. Police have falsely implicated Bhai in the murder case. It a part of larger political conspiracy. Bhai was not present at the crime scene. Also there was no conspiracy by the HRS to attack anyone due to derogatory FB posts.”