The Pune city police on Tuesday arrested Dhananjay Desai alias Bhai (34), the “national president” of Hindu Rashtra Sena (HRS) in connection with the murder of Muslim techie Mohsin Sadiq Shaikh (28) at Hadapsar on June 2. HRS has alleged that the move is a “political conspiracy.”
Desai was already in the custody of the police as he was arrested on June 3 by Pune Cantonment police station and then Loni Kalbhor police station for allegedly circulating and distributing pamphlets with objectionable content in the areas in March 2014.
The Pune city police today filed a production warrant before a magistrate court in Pune for seeking Desai’s transfer in the murder case at Hadapsar. After the court granted permission, cops arrested Desai on charges of murder.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Earlier, the police had arrested 20 youths allegedly associated to the HRS in this case taking the total number of arrests in this case to 21. Also, two minor boys were detained for their alleged links with the murder.
Joint commissioner of police Sanjay Kumar confirmed Desai’s arrest. A senior police officer said that investigation into the murder case revealed “evidence” against Desai, and so he was arrested. Pune city police would be producing Desai before the court on Wednesday for seeking his custody in the murder case for further investigation.
When contacted, Yogesh Kupekar, the “office in-charge” of HRS in Mumbai said, “HRS has nothing to do with this murder. Police have falsely implicated Bhai in the murder case. It a part of larger political conspiracy. Bhai was not present at the crime scene. Also there was no conspiracy by the HRS to attack anyone due to derogatory FB posts.”