An Indigo flight from Bagdogra came close to a descending Air India plane over Bagdogra in West Bengal on Friday afternoon, raising the spectre of a collision and giving scare to about 250 passengers on board the two aircraft.
The Air Traffic Control (ATC) had given clearance to both the aircraft, according to Indigo airline spokesperson.
Air India flight 879, carrying 120 passengers, was descending and the Indigo Bagdogra-Delhi flight 6E472 with 130 passengers on board was given clearance to climb the 30,000-feet height, Indigo spokesman said.
The Indigo flight departed at 1222 hrs.
As they came close to each other violating the 1000 m separation, the pilots of the Indigo plane and the Air India aircraft, however, manoeuvred themselves to avoid a near-miss, the spokesperson said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
The Indigo flight Captain got a traffic collision avoidance system (TCAS) resolution advisory (RA). As per Standard Operation Procedure (SOP), the Capt followed RA and descended and the AI flight also followed RA and turned right, the spokesperson said.
Once the Captains received “clear-of-conflict” message, they manoeuvred back to normal situation, he added.
The Indigo flight landed at Delhi at 1415hrs. The DCGA is conducting an inquiry into the incident.